Not-Just-Fiber-Arts Contests 2016
Any yarn weight is accepted. Yarn must consist of at least 50% animal fiber and can be natural or dyed colors. Show us your spinning magic!
BIGGER THAN A BREAD BOX
Knit or crochet a sweater, tunic, blanket…elephant!…anything that’s bigger than a bread box
(both hand and machine spun yarn categories)
GOOD THINGS COME IN SMALL PACKAGES
Knit or crochet a pair of mittens, a hat, scarf, cowl, socks, boot toppers…something small that can FIT into a bread box.
NEVER FELT SO GOOD!
Honor the ancient tradition of felting; one of the first fabrics known, still widely used and admired today. Whether you cover your yurt, cozy up in some slippers or create a needle felted landscape…show us your needle, wet-felted and knit felted creations.
THE NEXT (WOOLY) GENERATION (for fiber lovers 12 and under)
Show off your fiber creations! Knit clothes for your dolls, a blanket for your dog, a hat or dishtowel, a needle felted picture or what ever your marvelous imagination can come up with using animal fiber as your medium.
WORDS & PICTURES (all ages)
Festival visitors will use their eyes (and ears) to see (and hear) your photos, drawings, paintings, read your stories and poems based on the topic of agriculture in our inspiring and beautiful , green mountain state of Vermont.
Please read if you are entering one of the Festival Contests:
Click the links in the boxes below to access the files for the Contest Entry Cards and for the Contest Summary Form.
Each entry MUST be accompanied by TWO copies of the Entry Card.
Each person entering contests must fill out ONE Summary Form.
Please follow these rules to help us ensure that we can identify the contestants and their entries.
|Not-Just-Fiber-Arts Contest Entry Cards||Contest Summary Form|
- Contests are open to all ages with prizes awarded for Adults and Youth (18 and under).The “Next (Wooly) Generation” category is for ages 12 and under.
- A maximum of two entries per category will be accepted from each entrant.
- All Fiber Arts Contests will be judged as a separate hand spun (HS) and commercially spun (CS) category.
- All yarns used must be at least 50% animal fibers. Please list the fiber contents on each entry.
- We also ask for a description of each entry (who, what, where, when, how?) A journal entry of sorts.
- Entry fee is $2.00 per entry. There is no entry fee for the “Next (Wooly) Generation category. Please make checks payable to Vermont Sheep & Wool Festival.
- Entries may be mailed in or hand delivered. Mailed entries must be received by Sept 30, 2016 and should be addressed to:
Green Mountain Spinnery
7 Brickyard Lane, Putney VT 05346
Attn: Lauren (VSWF)Entries may also be hand delivered to the Festival, to Floral Hall, on Friday, Sept 30, from 4 to 6pm and Saturday, Oct 1, from 9 to 10am.
- All judging will take place on Saturday morning, October 1 and should be completed before noon. Contest area will be closed to spectators during this time.
- The judges’ decisions are final.
- The Vermont Sheep & Wool Festival will make every effort to display and care for contest entries, but assumes no responsibility in the event of damage or loss.